Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sacred Heart

This poem is inspired from a piece of artwork by Billy Miller. Visit his Blog at www.whimblog.blogspot.com

Sacred Heart

Waking up from a dream
a thought of what the world could be
I see this red before my eyes...

It is not an angry red.
It is not an evil red.
It is the red of a heart open...

A heart beat is felt,
the sound sends a pulse thru the universe
and the red corpusles form the Spirit's crystal

This red before my eyes, before my mind
appears as an apple in the abstract,
suddenly halved and quartered and divided into itself..

creating a crystalline structure
connecting all elements to itself
and to the world outside of itself

A Sacred Heart is forming
and dividing itself into the unique
crystal's of the spirit that are you and I.

Each breath that comes
Each exhale made
Sends the crystals out into the world...

to connect and form
other crystals of the spirit
to create and renew this Sacred Heart...

that is
you...and
I


Robert L. Quintana
11Jun2006, Baghdad, Iraq

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home