Thursday, June 08, 2006

Non-Violence manifesto

I've just read "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. This book was recommended to me by my friend Jim. I do find that there is a reflection or maybe a shadow of me in the pages, especially regarding anger. Today I was reading a daily devotion and it was about non-violence. I read the 6 steps/guides for those who advocate non-violence, and in a way, it related to "A Million Little Pieces" ended. I share them below:

Nonviolence is a way of life for courageous people.
Nonviolence seeks to win friendship and understanding.
Nonviolence seeks to defeat injustice, not people.
Nonviolence hold that suffering can educate and transform.
Nonviolence chooses love instead of hate.
Nonviolence believes that the universe is on the side of Justice.

I would change two things. I believe that living in joy can educate and transform as well, or better than suffering.

Secondly, I would replace hate with fear. Nonviolence chooses love instead of fear.

That is it.

Choose love over fear. Live a life of joy and be a light to others.

Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home