Friday, October 06, 2006

One God

There is one God,
or so they tell me,
but I don't believe it
because of the way they act the way they say
...."in God's name!"

Cry's of war
Shout's of pain
which they all claim, "God is on my side!"
...a cause for war...
wars that make me ashamed for this humanity.

There must be a God
for each religion
as they invoke Him
one against the other...

There is one God?
I can't believe
For God as I believe
would never be part of what I see

Belief, Belief, Belief
each of us has one
some try to make all of us
believe what they believe

Right or wrong?
in who's mind?
in who's belief?
Not in the God that I believe

No war.
No prejudice
No judgment
No misery

Peace and
Love and
Justice and
Harmony.

No religion to
make me feel guilty
Just that little voice inside
that free's me, that liberates me.

Keep your religion,
your god, your diety,
just let me have my one God
of Peace and Harmony.



Robert L. Quintana
6 Oct 06
Baghdad, IRAQ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home