Saturday, August 05, 2006

...and I wonder

I wonder near and far
from this place in time and space.

I wonder high and low
from my view of the land in sight

I wonder what the world
will bring to me and my kind

I wonder if ever there were
acts that defined a word that we say 'love'

I wonder what the meaning
is in this volatile world that seems bent on...

I wonder then what acts
defined the word we name 'hate'

I wonder if they are not the
same, this 'love' and 'hate'?

I wonder who saw peace, and
was it before or after war?

I wonder why there always must be
one side to challenge the other.

I wonder what side am I?
the one that see's the hate or the one that acts from love?

I wonder if in reality,
my idea of a single side is fantasy?

I wonder so much that I'm lost
in the passion of the thought,

wondering past the reality of the moment
and seeing only what I wish the moment to be.

I wonder.

Robert L. Quintana
5 Aug 06
Baghdad, Iraq

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home